- DURATION OF THE PROGRAMME: The duration of the M.Lib.I.Sc. Programme shall be 2 years, each year comprising two semesters. Each semester lasts for six months inclusive of examinations with a minimum of 90 working days.
- ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION: Candidates seeking admission to the programme shall be required to have obtained a Bachelor degree (under 10+2+3 pattern) of this University or any other Indian or foreign University recognized by Kannur University with a minimum of 50 percent marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination. Candidates belonging to socially and economically backward communities (OBC) are eligible for a relaxation of 5 percent marks in the qualifying examination. Those belonging to scheduled castes/scheduled tribes need only a pass in the qualifying degree examination are to apply for admission to the programme.
- ADMISSION PROCEDURE: Admission to M.Lib.I.Sc. Programme will be made purely on the basis of an entrance test to be conducted by the Department of Library and Information Science, Thavakkara Campus, Kannur University.
- COURSE AND CREDITS: Two kinds of courses are offered to the students in the programme. They are Core Courses and Elective/Open courses. Core courses and Elective Courses are offered directly by the parent department offering the programme and Open elective courses are offered either by the parent department or by any other department.
- CONTINUOUS EVALUATION: The maximum marks for continuous Evaluation shall be 40 and shall be based on the following components: Written Assignments/Oral Presentation/Term.
- PROJECT: In the fourth semester each student shall take up a project based on any topic of his/her interest. The project aims at introducing the students with research methodology and to prepare them for writing dissertations. Students are required to do a project on a topic relating to an area of study chosen in consultation with the faculty. However, the topics shall be approved by the department council. They would have to submit a project report of about 50-60 pages before the end of the semester. The project report should follow the current edition of the MLA Handbook internationally accepted for thesis writing in English. Each student shall be guided in his/her project by a member of the faculty. A board of examiners comprising not less than three members constituted by the head of the department shall evaluate and decide the marks to be awarded to the student for the project.
- VIVA: A Viva Voce examination will be conducted at the end of the IVth semester. The Viva Board comprises not less than 3 members including an external examiner with the head of the department as Chairperson.
Admission Fee - 445
Tuition fee (per sem.) - 4410
Library fee (per sem.) - 270
Special Fee (per year) - 290
Student Welfare/Development fee (per year) - 290
Caution Deposit (Refundable) - 250
Laboratory Fee - 865
Student Affiliation Fee (Per year) - 440
University Development Fund - 60
Sports Affiliation Fee - 220
University Union Fee - 110