The course is organized as a two-year four-semester program with essential theoretical inputs and supervised clinical practice. On completion of the course the students are expected to:
1. Maintain professional responsibility.
2. Work with psychosocial dimensions of mental and physical diseases to undertake well targeted clinical counselling.
3. Work with community to promote health, quality of life and psychological well being.
4. Learn to integrate and cooperate with colleagues of helping professionals in other disciplines.
5. Develop skills in practice and research. 6. Learn to adhere to professional ethics