Dr. M.K Abdul Khader
(Dr. Khader Mangad)
Vice-Chancellor, Kannur University, Tawakkara, Kannur. (15.04.2013 onwards)
Tel : 0497-2706310
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. English (Kannur University)
- Research Guide (Bharathiar University)
- M.A. English Language and Literature (University of Calicut)
- B.Ed. English. (University of Calicut
Age and date of Birth : 56 years (10.05.1958)
- Degree Teaching-27 years.
- P.G. Teaching-13 years.
Member as the Vice-Chancellor in Association of Commonwealth Universities, London, United Kingdom.
- Member, Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi.
- Chairman, Government Committee for fixing Terms and Conditions for the Self-Financing Colleges in Kerala.
- Member Governing Council, Kerala State Higher Education Council.
- Member, Selection Committee for Autonomous Colleges in Kerala.
- Member, Governing Council, Inter University Centre for Biomedical Research and Super specialty Hospital, Mahathma Gandhi University, Kottayam.
- Member, Inter- University Intellectual Property Rights, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Cochin.
Intimacy in Kamala Das. Kanhangad: Rachanakeralam Publishers Kanhangad. 2008.
1.”Administrative Autonomy in Universities” News letter. Association of Indian Universities. February Special Edition 2015.
2. “Skill Development–Role of Universities” Proceedings published by Meenskshi Medical College, Chennai, in connection with South Indian Vice –Chancellors Conference. Chennai. 12th Dec. 2014.
3. “What Hinders Quality Education in Our Universities” The New Indian Express Daily.11th Nov. 2014.
4.”Knowledge Delivery on Focus” Business Bulletin –CMS Kannur University 26 Nov. 2014.
4. “The Spectrum of Intimacy in Kamala Das”. ASSONANCE. A Journal of Russian and Comparative Literary Studies: Calicut University. No. 12 November 2008.
5 “Kamala Surayya, the Harbinger of Fraternity and Intimacy “Teachers’ Voice. Journal of Kerala Private College Teachers Association: Trivandrum. 2009.
6.“The Lived Experiences and Signification of Intimacy”. Bodhi. Publication of the P.G. Department of English, Nehru Arts and Science College, Kanhangad: 2007.
1 “Sarvakalashalakalile Arakkillangal “ Mathrubhumi Daily. 7th October 2014.
2.”Nhan Punnayurkulathukari” Malayalam (Weekly of Indian Express Group) Cochin: June 2009.
3 “Kanivoorunna Lokathekkoru Theertha Yathra”Madhyamam Daily. Kozhikode: 1st June, 2009.
4. “Maranam Manatha Perunnalorma”. Utharadesam Evening Daily. 27th July 2014.
5 “Perunnal ormakal” Manorama online July.2014.
6 “Clustarum Gradingum Unnatha vidyabhyasathinte karadu” Veekshanam Daily,Ernakulam: 16th April 2008.
7. “Samoohyaneethiyude Tharaattu Paatukar” Teachers Voice, Journal of Kerala Private College Teachers Association, Trivandrum: 2006.
8. Adharmathinte kaavalalukal” Teachers Voice. Journal of Kerala Private College Teachers’Association, Trivandrum: 2007.
9. “Sathyam Purathukondu Varunna Vayattattikal”Latest. Malayalam Daily, Kanhangad: 13th June 2009.
10.”Rakshakavachamillathe Yudhbhoomiyilirangiya Porali” Utharadesam Daily, Kasaragod: 13th June 2009.
11. Adavuthanthram Nanmayo Thinmayo” Chuvadu. Journal of MSF, Kasaragod: 2000.
12. “Rajakumara Vida” Janmadesam Annual. Kanhangad: 1991.
13. “Novunna Ormakal” Bare. Souvenir on Balakrishnan Mangad,Kasaragod: 2006.
14. “Snehathinte Sulthan” Nooru Basheer. Sahithyavedi, Kanhangad: 2009.
15. “Nayanarude Naattubhasha”Ponharu. Dictionary of Local Dialects Nehru Arts and Science College, Kanhangad: 2005.
16. “ Vadakkan Peruma” Pudavanadu. Souvenir, Palakkunnu Bhagavathi Temple. Palakkunnu: 2009.
17. “Snehasanthwanthinte Ooshmalasparsham”. Advocate Mohammed Batheri Smaranika, Kasaragod: 2004.
18”Padachattayaniyathe Padakkalathilekku”Souvenir Nehru College, Kanhangad: 2009.
19.”Avar Shanthamayurangatte”Souvenir Nehru College, Kanhangad: 2010.
20”Manassil Mathamaithri Unarthiya Vishu” Latest Vishu Special.Kanhangad. 1989.
21.”Makkale Thalli Parayunnavar”Teachers’ Voice. Journal of Kerala Private College Teachers Association, Trivandrum: 2010
22.”Aruthu Kattala” Teachers’ Voice. Journal of Kerala Private College Teachers Association, Trivandrum: 2009.
23. “Kasaragodinte Kanneerunakkan” Meeladunnabi Bullattin by civil boys’ Youth Club, Kasaragod.2011.
1. “Administrative Autonomy” South Zone VC, s conference in Chennai. 13th and 14th Nov.2014.
2. “Role of Universities in Skill Development” International Conference conducted by IT mission and Elets, Delhi at Leela Hotel Kovalam, Trivandrum 14th November 2014.
3. “What Universities can do to enhance quality of Higher Education” Vice-Chancellors Conference. Cusat Cochin. On 18th September 2014.
4. “International practice in Assessment and Accreditation in Quality Education” World Education Summit New Delhi on 07th August 2014.
5. “Signification of Intimacy in Kamala Das” at the National Seminar on Postcolonial Literatures at Govt. Women’s College, Kannur on 22nd December, 2005.
6. “Spectrum of Intimacy in Kamala Das” at the National Seminar on Perspectives in Indian English Fiction at St. Aloysius College, Mangalore on 27 and 28 March 2006.
7. “The Sandal Trees and the Aroma of the Mathala Flowers” at the National Seminar at Nehru Arts and Science College, Kanhangad on 24th September, 2008.
Quest, Vol.1 No.1 A Journal of Nehru Arts and Science College, Kanhangad. Kanhangad: July, 2005.
Bodhi, Publication of the P.G Department of English, N.A.S College, Kanhangad, Kanhangad: 2007.
Smrithi, Annual Magazine of Nehru Arts and Science College, Kanhangad, Kanhangad:1991.
Magazine ’96 Annual Magazine of Nehru Arts and Science College, Kanhangad, Kanhangad: 1996.
Conferences/Seminars/ Work shops
1. Attended All India Vice-Chancellors Conference organized by Association of Indian Universities’ at Ghorakpur, UP on 2nd 3rd and 4th of May. 2013.
2. Attended South Zone Vice-Chancellors conference at Hotel Crowne Plaza in Cochin on 12th and 13th of Nov.2013.
3. Attended UGC 60th year Celebration inaugurated by Shri Manmohan Singh Prime Minister of India in Vigyan Bhavan New Delhi on 28th December 2013.
4. Chaired International Conference held at Mascot Hotel Trivandrum on “Credit Transfer on Transnational Education “0n3rd January 2014.
5. Organised Two day National Seminar writ India-08 sponsored by UGC and hosted by PG Department of English, NAS College, Kanhangad on 23rd and 24th of September 2008.
6.Attended 3 day International Conference on “Teacher Development” at Vellore VIT University, Tamil Nadu from 16th to 18th June 2011 conducted jointly by English Language Teachers Association of India, British Council and University of Cambridge.
7. Attended four days’ International Education Meet held at Le- Meridian Convention Centre, Cochin between 4th and 7th February 2006 organized by Govt. of Kerala and actively participated in interaction sessions twice.
8. Attended two days’ International Seminar on “The Canada-Quebec Divide: A Multidisciplinary approach” on 16th and 17th Dec. 2003 at University of Kerala, Trivandrum.
9. Presided over the II session of the National Seminar on “Contemporary Indian English Poetry” conducted by Department of English, Govt. Brennen College Thalassery on 12th and 13th of August, 2004.
10. Initiated and participated two day workshop on “Total Quality Management in Higher Education” on 16th and 17th of Feb. 2004 conducted by Nehru Arts and Science College, Kanhangad.
11. Attended two day National Workshop on Credit and Semester System conducted by Kannur University on 28th and 29th of March 2006.
12. Attended two day National Seminar on “Mapping Linguistic Identity: Global Perspectives in Language and Literature” conducted by the Post Graduate Department of English, Government College, Kasaragod on 28th and 29th of January 2009.
1. “Sigmund Freud and Psychoanalysis” Radio talk at All India Radio, Kannur on 6.7.08.
2. “Patterns of Intimacy in Kamala Das” Radio talk at All India Radio, Kannur on 27.07.07.
3. “Ormakalil Kamala Das”. Radio talks All India Radio Kannur. on 12.6.2009